Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The power to help you quit smoking

I have been assigned a new drug portfolio this year. And the best part about it, is that it's something I totally believe in and strongly advocate for. SMOKING CESSATION! It's a newly launched prescription medicine to help one quit smoking.

I know a lot of people find it hard to believe that I am a non-smoker. I don't know if it's the way I look -_-"" or that a lot of my friends smoke but somehow people always came to that conclusion. Believe it or not, but I had never taken a single puff in my entire life. Never once out of curiosity. I guess that's me, very rigid about my blacks and whites in life, even from a young age. (Doesn't mean that it's good though.)

In my days as a nurse in the hospital, I had seen countless patients admitted due to smoking-related diseases. I felt extremely bad for them when I see them gasping for air in cases such as Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (COLD). It was scary seeing them like that. I never imagined that breathing , something that we do unconsciously, can be such a struggle for some. I hope never to see my loved ones suffering like that.

And ladies, you have no idea how fast you age when you smoke.

I am equipped with the knowledge to know what damage, smoking does to our body. Hence, I hope to do whatever little I can to help spread this knowledge. So I guess it's luck I landed with Champix. Nothing would have aided me better in my quest for a smoke-free world or for now, Singapore.

So now other than incentives to spur me on in my sales, my aim to help people quit smoking has also served as another motivation to do well. It's such a joy to hear feedback from my doctors that their patients had quit smoking. Satisfaction and fulfillment. Something that I haven't felt in a long time since I left nursing.

If you want to know more about the low-downs of smoking or perhaps contemplating quiting, I am right here.

In a HPB roadshow in Tampines
Michelle, Lionel & Joanne
I had never done a roadshow like this before. I never knew how hopelessly weak I was until I was suffering from muscle aches all over the next day, from just standing for 4 straight hours -_-""

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...