Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Chrysalis

I had an extremely long chat with 2 of my ......... erm .......... (how to explain the relationship?) very good friends. Well I have known them for about a year or so, but we only got close recently because we found that we are similar in so many ways.

The best part about them is that they do not mince their words and tell it the way things should be. I guess these are the true friends that tell you the good and the bad about you whether you like it or not. Both of them have their life experiences to impart to me and I have learnt a lot today.

As much as I like to think that I am the perfect mum, I realised that I fall well below that mark. I had my priorities all mixed up and I am also too much of a sloth to be truly bothered about Meg's upbringing. I am just making do with each day as it comes.

I guess I am guilty of knowing what they had told me all along. But it's just the ease and comfort zone of going with the flow that I had managed to block everything out. But now, there's no escaping this. I really have to do something about my life before time slips away and it's too late for me to anything.

Things are honestly still in a blur with so many issues swimming in my head. Part of me is resisting change. I want so bad to stay snug in my own beautifully spun cocoon. Then there's the other part that wants to break through and break out of this vicious cycle. Guess it's on hindsight that my Yahoo email addie is CHRYSALIS. I must have told that to myself since a long time ago.

The time to change has come but will I be strong enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...