Saturday, August 06, 2005

Devils' Bitches in PS MacDonald's

I finally met up with the devils bitches for our weekly gathering on Thursday night. It was nothing short of miraculous that I've turned up. I think I've not seen them in over 2 weeks. I've missed them so much! (very soon we'll all need to be joined at the hips)

In spite of the fact that I love them a great deal, it didn't diminsh my urge to strangle each of them when I finally reached the meeting point. We had originally planned to meet up at NYDC & I left word to inform me of any changes. Therefore after a dreadful late clinic meeting in Tanglin shopping centre (next to Devils Bar), I set off purposefully on foot (in my 1 week old shoes) to NYDC. I was elated (cos my feet were killing me!) when NYDC was finally in view.Then the unthinkable happened, I received a sms from Noelle telling me the venue has been changed to Plaza Singapura......

I think tears must have rolled down my cheeks at that very instant. With my teeth clenched, dragging my agonizingly painful feet, trudging along the pavement of Orchard Road, I u-turned, & retraced my steps to the Orchard MRT station.

But to finally meet up with the bitches, the pain had been all worth it.

It makes me wonder, how can 6 women so diverse in age & personality, have so much to yak about? Amazing! As usual, the meeting was filled with shrieks & laughter. I think we must have annoyed the hell out of people sitting around us. I really must apologise to those in MacDonald's that night, we didn't mean it but we just can't help ourselves. We were simply having too much fun.

Trying to take a group photo was hilarious.... We put the camera on timer & perched it precariously on top of a large cup (ice lemon tea probably), then smiled into the camera like it's the most natural thing in the world, while waiting for the camera to snap. (please try to remember that we are in MacDonald's) I think we must have looked like a bunch of morons to the rest of the world walking past us.

I tried out my boss's new camera but drats, these 2 pics was all I managed to capture.


Where am I???
Posted by Picasa


Sweetie pie Miko bought us each a gorgeous bracelet & to top it off, she got it in each of our favourite colour. Blue for Ju, Pink for Marilyn, Green for Noelle, White for Apple & Red for me! =)


The beautiful bracelets from thoughtful Miko
Posted by Picasa

No Thursday meeting for us next week cos we're going to Devil's Bar on Friday instead! I'm not sure if I'm going yet but in any case, I'm really glad I've managed to meet up with them. It has been an all week low for me at work & seeing them has definitely lifted my spirits. It brings a nice warm glow to my heart when they initiated to ask me how's work, cos they know how much it has been bothering me. It tells me how much they care about me, even though it's something mundane like work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...