Friday, January 11, 2008

A lost war

We are having a long tough war on utopia.

"Utopia is a massive multiplayer internet-based strategy game. According to the official site, the World of Legends server alone has nearly 40,000 active accounts. Gameplay is divided into periods called "Ages," with each Age lasting between three to four months. At the end of an Age, all accounts are reset to their initial states to give players a fresh start, any new balance and gameplay changes are put into effect, and the competition begins again. On October 3rd 2007, the game entered its 37th age, which is called the Age of Darkness ......................................

Like in many browser-based strategy games, Utopia has a real-time gaming environment. A player's province continues to grow, produce resources, and recruit soldiers even when he or she is not logged on. This also means that a province may be attacked even while its player is not logged in. For this reason, many kingdoms encourage their players to log in frequently to better respond to conditions in-game ......................................"

Read more on Wikipedia

My close friends will know how passionate I am about the game. Passionate to the point of pure addiction. It is extremely unlike me to be passionate about a game of any sort but somehow I got addicted when Ken introduced me to this game about 3 years ago. Haha ...... yeah, been 3 years and I am still crazy about the game. But if I am bad then I guess Ken's worse, he's been at it for more than 12 years.

What a lot of people didn't understand was, why did we like an online war game that has no graphics and is entirely text-based. I guess that's probably what I liked about it. I have always been a 'words' kind of person :p

And it being a real-time gaming environment, this game dictated my life for the past 3 years. For example, if it's war like now, I would set the alarm at 3am just to wake up and make an attack. Or in the middle of an outing, I will tell Ken that I need to go home just so to make a hit. And when we lose a war, it depresses me no end. Horrid, right? I sounded like a no life uber geek whose life revolves around her cyber life and friends.

And like I mentioned above, a long tough war is ongoing right now. Most of my waking hours were spent in front of the pc since I am the one giving directions for the war. After 5 agonizing days, I am seriously sleep deprived and mentally drained from analysing the war. But all that is ending today because we are surrendering. Arghhhh! How I hate losing! My mood is currently at its lowest and it doesn't help that I am PMSing.

Ken gets pretty mad at me sometimes for letting the game get to me. But I think it's just me. I have got a narcissistic streak in me. (Evident in my blog's address :p) I just don't take losing very well. Regardless in cyber or real life. I am what Ken would call 'die standing'. And I readily admit it too but at least it takes me where I want to go.

Anyway war lost so I am going to spend the next few days moping and recovering lost sleep.

Later ...........

This came in an immunisation booklet from school. I am very impressed that they paid attention to details like that. Especially more so since Meg is left handed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...