Thursday, April 15, 2010

Gastronomic getaway

I recently held a birthday lunch celebration for a very special (mysterious) person & especially engineered it to be held in MIMOLETTE! (Partly cos I want to eat there real bad :p)

I'm not big on food & it's taste, but I'm huge on ambience & presentation. I know ..... SHALLOW! But that's only to be expected from someone who self-declares herself gorgeous, right? *shrugs* And Mimolette is everything that I'm huge on. Quoting the restaurant's website (too lazy to come up with my own description):

"Tucked away in the backyard of the old Turf Club, set in what feels like cottage country with plush greenery and surrounding horse stables, sits Mimolette. In this charming black and white colonial house, which used to board the aspiring jockeys back in its day, is a quaint yet stylish restaurant that has a comfy-chic homely style."

It was awesome to move away from the hustle & bustle of the city during a busy afternoon to this rustic getaway. Time seems to come to a standstill here & it was invigorating even if it's just for a few hours. Mad love!

Brought my D1000 to lunch - totally OTT considering my lunch circumstances but I just can't pass up the chance to take beautiful pictures of food :p
nom-nom-nom ........ scrumptious!
Wanted to kick myself so bad cos I was too busy having fun & forgot to take pictures of the most yummilicious brownie ever!
So totally going back again soon! ♡♡♡

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...