Thursday, April 24, 2008

Chinese - my archilles heel

Thank God for the person who invented handphones with Chinese characters. I sincerely thank him from the bottom of my heart ..........

Everytime Meg sits down to do her Chinese homework, I have to take my handphone with me and sit next to her. That's because there's always this every other word, I don't know how to write or a certain hanyu pinyin (similar to phonics) that I am not sure about :p

I know you guys couldn't agree more when I admitted that I am hopeless with Chinese. When I try to join a group and starts speaking in Mandarin, they will inevitably look at each other then at me, before telling me that they feel a whole lot more comfortable if I spoke in English again -_-"". (I think it was only a couple of weeks ago that Kelly just told me that!) Although I would think that my command of spoken Chinese had improved tremendously over the years (or at least that's what I like to think :p).

So today while reviewing Meg's homework, I told her that 1 character and 1 hanyu pinyin was wrong. She adamantly insisted that she's right and told me to check my phone instead. And if I am wrong, she scores 2 points against me. And guess what ........ she's right on both counts! GEEZ .............

I told her that give it a while more and we would have to trade places. She should be the one coaching me instead. Meg was highly amused when she heard this and nonetheless brightened by this prospect :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...