Wednesday, June 13, 2012

HOPE Dog Rescue: Oscar

After my encounter with Beano (read more here), I realised that there's so much to be done for animals and so much more in my own capacity that I can help out. I therefore, started to volunteer for HOPE Dog Rescue and my 1st assignment was to ferry Oscar to the vet for his follow-up consultation. 

Oscar is a 6 month old stray puppy that stays in a cemetery (more about Oscar). HOPE came across him when they were carrying out their sterilization project there. Oscar is suffering from Dermodectic Mange and 2 of his siblings had already died a slow painful death from it. He is the only 1 out of the litter left now.

Meet little Oscar. He was so terrified the whole time I was there & stayed almost motionless in the carrier.

His body is so raw and it's bleeding in some areas

My heart was heavy with despair while I edited these photos. It must be sheer torture for Oscar.

Puppies are suppose to be playful & jumping around. I've never seen a puppy look so sad in my entire life.

Instead of getting better, Oscar seems to be in a worse off condition because his white blood cells have increased. The vet is not sure where's the sepsis from & thus Oscar was warded for IV antibiotics. 

I know HOPE had their hands full recently with Beano and Babu suffering from canine distemper. And on the night that I was sending Oscar to the vet, I learned that they were rushing a kitten, with an eye nearly popped out, to the vet too. 

I am grateful to the kind people from HOPE for not giving up on these strays. An easy option would have been to put them to sleep because treatments are expensive. But they had never withheld treatment just because these are strays. 

In addition to keeping Oscar, Beano and Babu in your prayers, I'm appealing to all to help in whatever way you can. If you have a car, perhaps you can volunteer to ferry the pets around. Or perhaps foster a dog. Or if not, the simplest way is to make a donation. 


"If you can't feed a hundred people, then just feed one." -Mother Teresa





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...