Thursday, December 28, 2006

Merry merry Christmas

Rain, rain and more rain. The rain is making me languid. I am such a sloth. I never feel like doing anything or going out anymore (not that I did much prior to all these rain :p). All I ever want to do is stay cuddled up in bed reading my books. I must have devoured more books in this span of time than I ever did for the entire year. I am right down to my last one now - my christmas pressie courtesy from Ken sweetie. I will have to go on the prowl for more. If someone has any good recommendation, please send them my way.

The rain is also making everything damp and musty in the house. Everything smells putrid - the bedsheet and pillows smell, newly-washed clothes smell and the dogs (plural because Pepper has been left in our care) still smell even though I have just bathe them the day before. I am running out of clothes to wear because they are simply not drying fast enough. Even the clothes stored carefully away in the cupboard is feeling a bit damp (which reminds me I have to get mothballs or some sort).
I know this sounds exaggerating but Meg had to resort to wearing my tights (you know the 3 quarter ones that's in fashion now) to sleep last night. She inisisted on wearing a pants underneath her dress jammies because it's so cold. And being as klutzy as me, she has managed to pour water on her very last pair of comfy 'underneath dress jammies sleeping pants'. The rest are still either on the clothes line or at my mum's and so she had no choice but to wear mine. Hee...hee.... she looked quite a sight :p
I am going further and further away from the topic, am I not? The rain is making my brain all mushy too. *Croons* "Blame it on the rain yeah yeah ........." (Remember Milli Vanilli?)
Oh before I forget, the reason why I brought up the topic of rain was because I made the terrible mistake of shampooing the carpet on the day before the 'party of the year'. Yah you got me right, and with the sky pouring ............... (I can never understand myself either.)
Can you even begin to imagine what it smells like on the day of the Christmas party? I made Ken go out in the pouring rain to get me a can of deodoriser. And that helps for like about 2 seconds. What a boo boo!
But thankfully the rest of the party went without a glitch. The theme was red and gold and so most of us wore red. ( A pity I didn't get a single shot in as I had my hands full.) Other than my darlings with their respective partners, aunty Mary, Chermaine and Kelvin were here too. It gives me a warm glow all over, to celebrate Christmas with the ones that matters to me most. This year is definitely very close knit and special.
Alright that's about as long as I can bear to tear myself away from my book and my bed. And just in case I'm still holed up in my bed and didn't get to blog in time, HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
Here's a photo from sometime back. Uniz helping me put up the X'mas tree before she left.
The tree looking very red indeed. Ken thinks I overkilled it with the red but I love it all the same. Look at all those pressies under the tree!
The house all decked up in red
Christmas feast specially prepared by moi (bet you never knew I had it in me). And more to come later, prepared by aunty Mary.
Looks pretty decent, right?
Pressie from my sweetheart - I don't think I fancy anything more than books. What's more I had set my sights and hunting for this book for coming a year now. Thank you darling cos nothing could make me happier!
Got him a pair of Crocs cos I've seen him eyeing it.
We got Megan the Sylvanian families. It was abominably expensive but we got it all the same cos I fell in love with it too.
A most exquisite necklace/brooch from aunty Mary
From my precious darlings (Ju, Mar & Kelly)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...