Sunday, April 01, 2012

步步惊心 (Bu Bu Jing Xin aka Scarlet Heart)

This is a deviation from my usual posts. A tad bit shallower than my usual shallow ones :p 

I had just finished a marathon of watching 步步惊心 (note: this post had been backlogged for a month) and I looked a complete wreck after that. Not only from the extremely late nights but from me crying a river over the last few episodes. People who had seen me, might just have thought that I had been heartbroken for real!

SYNOPSIS
A 25 year-old modern day woman woke up from a car accident to find herself in the body of a 16 year-old Manchu girl living in the 18th century Qing Dynasty. In her new life, she became deeply entangled in Aisin Gioro princes' battle for the throne.

I had never been a fan of Nicky Wu and so Erykca had the shock of her life, when I professed undying love for him, over instant messaging. I can just see this conversation bubble looming over her: " OMG! What's wrong with you??!" Okay, I admit. I'm highly embarrassed by my teenage-like crush on him.

Nicky Wu aside, the rest of the princes looked absolutely delectable too! (Now I risk sounding like some horny teenager :p) I'm not proud to admit but I've always been bias about China actors. There's no way that you can catch me watching a China production. But now I humbly take back my words. (*slurps* over 13th & 14th prince)

Of course there's so much more to the show that captivated me than just the actors. I was so into the show that I even went to read up on Qing Dynasty history. (Whoever says TV is bad?) But hey, I'm now only in the mood to do a r.e.a.l.l.y. shallow review. 

Everyone so far, who had watched this show loved it. So if you're a sucker for tear-jerkers like me, you can't miss this! 

Sounded silly but the show really affected me and I got really depressed for the next few days after that. But I guess it gives me a good reason to sob unabashingly. Everyone could use a good cry once in a while.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...