Friday, September 02, 2011

Happy Teachers' Day!

Hmmm …… Blogger has a brand new interface. I can't decide yet whether I like it or hate it. For starters, it allows one to upload multiple photos at one go & it allows me to choose the size of my photos. So you'd have noticed an obvious change - you can see my face clearly now! Hahaha …… I chose XL size, of course. My most sincere apologies if being too up close is giving you nightmares :p

I'd just joined the Parent Support Group (PSG) from Meg's school recently. Kind of a late start considering that Meg is already in Primary 4 but like they always say, better late than never. I  must say that I'm totally impressed with the support that Haig Girls' School (my alma mater) had given PSG. We have a nice big air-conditioned room & very much involved in the activities that the school organises. I learnt that not many schools appreciate this high level of participation from the parents. Seeing the close support & relationship between the school & the parents makes me feel more reassured than ever that Meg's in the right school.

One such collaboration was the Teachers' Day celebration. I learnt that every year the PSG will make handicrafts as presents for the teachers & even perform for them! I think it's really great that we get to show our appreciation. And so this year, I was involved in the performance which was soooo exciting! The performer in me was yelling to get out :p

In view of Hari Raya, we decided on a Malay dance

It only took us slightly over an hour to conceptualize & memorize the steps. We totally rock it!

        Wearing my own sarong kebaya - I love how it shows off my curves when in actual fact there isn't any!
                     
Hot mamas!

We had to perform in front of so many students & teachers!

I'm linking this video from FB so I'm sorry but only my friends will get to view it. "Click on Facebook"

The awesome people from PSG :)

P.S. A big thank you to Siti for the photos & the video!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...