Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Humbling reply

Meg bunked at her dad's place over the weekend. So when she got back, I quizzed her on who she prefers to stay with. To which she replied "dad". My heart dropped a notch and she could see it on my face and she changed her answer to "perhaps we can just move nearer to dad".

Then me being totally insecure, quizzed her again. "Who do you like most? Mummy, daddy or dada?" I know I shouldn't be doing this but I just can't help myself. She looked at me and told me "I love all of you".
So I pressed harder and asked "but who's your favourite?". "All of you are my favourite" came her reply.
Not satisfied, I asked further. "But you must choose one!"

So next came her reply which totally shut me up. "I love all of you because all of you are family......."
I am so ashamed of myself. I am such an awful mum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...